What We Do
In the Exploratory Tech class, students learn foundational skills and introductions to career pathways to prepare them to be successful in a Career Center Program in their junior and/or senior years.
Exploratory Technology students balance their time between practicing their academic skills and shadowing in all CVCC programs, giving students a chance to explore career pathways and opportunities provided by Career and Technical education.
The Exploratory Technology Program follows a curriculum that emphasizes the development of critical thinking, reasoning, and problem solving skills. Students learn applied academic and technical skills designed to prepare them for success in any technical program at CVCC.
* All Exploratory Technology students will be required
to safely operate hand and power tools as they
complete technical projects. *
Successful students in this program have these academic opportunities available to them.
- A full academic education experience
- Basic First Aid and CPR Certification
- Time spent participating in every program at the Career Center
Vermont Proficiency Alignment
While covering a full curriculum of content specific to this trade, students in this program will be trained and assessed on the following high school-level academic proficiencies using the following indicators from Vermont’s Proficiency-Based Graduation Requirements.
For more information about Vermont’s Proficiency-Based Graduation Requirements, visit the VT Agency of Education’s website here.
Major Proficiencies: 1. Modeling 2. Number & Quantity 5. Geometry
Minor Proficiencies: 3. Algebra 5. Statistics
1. Physical Science 2. Physical Science 3. Life Sciences
1. Inquiry (1.a) 1. Inquiry (1.b) 1. Inquiry (1.c)
ENGLISH & LITERACY
1. Reading 2. Writing 3. Writing 4. Speaking & Listening 5. Speaking & Listening 6. Language
1. Career Exploration 2. Career Clusters 3. Career Readiness 4. Work Readiness 5. Reading 6. Writing 7. Speaking & Listening 8. Digital Citizenship 9. Creative Communicator
1. Communication 2. Self-Direction 3. Problem Solving 4. Citizenship 5. Integrative Thinking
See the link above to our Program of Studies for further information about this program, including...
- Recommended Reading Level
- Recommended Math Skills
- CVCC Safety Exam
Instructor: Timothy Hammond
Phone: (802) 476.6237 ext. 2134
The Central Vermont Career Center does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color,
age, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and marital status in
admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities.
Click here to read our official Notice of Discrimination as a full document.
The Central Vermont Career Center is committed to providing communication materials that are accessible regardless of ability. If you need information in an alternative format, please call us at (802) 476-6237.
Click here to read our official Accessibility Statement as a full document.
Education that works.
Site Designer and Web Master: Matthew Binginot.